The Unholy Virgin...Reincarnate

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: The Unholy Virgin...Reincarnate

Post by railroad bob »

2nd manifold looks really good, like it will flow smoothly.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

+1 on the new manifold, looks sweet. on the air cleaner, you could always modify a flat type VW air cleaner to work.

I like Dave's idea about the wiring, too. i love that look.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

so I ordered an electronic ignition conversion kit for my mag. It was much cheaper than the estimate I got to rebuild the mag. The instructions are a little vague imo. The cam ring had to come out & sanding the housing to get the unit in. The spacer that comes in the kit was to thick for the cap to thread on, so made a thinner one. The sending unit hit the top of the cap (they did say that might happen) & had to throw it on the lathe & take some material off inside of cap. I planned on mking covers to replace the pickups but just inverted them for now. I have to maybe put some rubber hose in the end for the wires & seal it Now to get it back on the bike & wire it up.
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg (49.26 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg (66.7 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0043.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg (55.94 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg (40.77 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Thanks for the comments on the intake. I have some time yet to figure what Im gonna do about an air cleaner, but leaning toward bringing it up at the back of the gas tank.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Something else I had to do with the new ignition is find a place to mount a coil. Decided on under the backbone. Will be making a mount to bolt on the coil & strap that on. I also had to take the pipes off to make mounts to secure the exhaust. The way I made them its hard to get them on & off, they need to be spread apart to get them in the head. As you can see, I made up some flanges so now they bolt up & much easier to r&r.
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg (51.92 KiB) Viewed 5307 times
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg (69.4 KiB) Viewed 5307 times
The wrap I had done the pipes in originally I picked up because it was cheap. I t.hink it sucks & went back to wrap made by thermo-tec. The pipe after the collector will be changed out to the better wrap
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

nice
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Gotthe mount for the coil made. Ill be making a strap to replace the zip ties. Still needs powder, but that will wait till it gets a little cooler here.
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 5297 times
IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 5297 times
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg (41.27 KiB) Viewed 5297 times
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg (70.56 KiB) Viewed 5297 times
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Shop time has been hard to get for awhile. I’ve been so close to having it run, I would get just enough time to make minor adjustments to the timing every few nights for the last week. Last night I finally got it running. I had a horrible little video but can’t figure how to load it. The reason it’s horrible cause it was a spur of the moment thing. I didn’t have any plans to take the vid it just happened…lol. Big thanks to everyone who’s helped me along the way answering some of the many questions I had. I’ll tell ya it sure feels good man. Only a few things to do & I’ll dial it in & take it out for its 1st shake down. Don’t know when that’ll be.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i been following from the beginning look forward to seeing you ride
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Yeah this has been way too long a time coming. I can’t wait to take it down the road. Won’t matter how cold it is as long as it isn’t snowing lol.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Here is the shitty little video I shot unexpectedly after the bike fired up. No idea why I didn’t plan it https://youtube.com/shorts/HxRSuvkmwU0?feature=share
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

cool
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! now THAT put a great big smile on my face! and a much needed one at that. THANK YOU!

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

It did indeed. Hope to order a brake line & have it in week or two, then I’ll get to take it down the road.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

so i tightening up a few things like I decided to use petcocks with internal filters to route fuel lines easier. Got the brake primed & bled. Re powdering the tanks & a few other odd parts. Lost the lights so I need to trace that problem back, & I made an air cleaner.
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg (64.45 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg (49.17 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 5085 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”