The Unholy Virgin...Reincarnate

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: The Unholy Virgin...Reincarnate

Post by Jeff L »

whoever had the engine before me, threw the primary chain. Thought Id try & repair it. Didnt weld very clean But happy with the result. Got new clutch plates on the way & an encapsulated stator.
IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg (45.45 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg (34.97 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

cover looks a heck of a lot better! especially considering what you started with. now the part has more history, too. always a positive point for me, anyway.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Looks great.
Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Been working on & off, more off than on. The rims turned out to be harder shooting the base/top coat than I thought. I chose another color for now, but will practice till I get it down. Spanish gold will have to do for now. I recovered the seat black. Magneto parts will be on order soon. Getting there slowly but surely.
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg (85.17 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg (72.87 KiB) Viewed 5515 times
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

that gold don't look bad at all. what color were you hoping for?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Translucent brass over chrome. I need more practice spraying the brass. If you can see the rear rim is done in the brass. What you won’t see from the pic is that there are areas where the color is deeper due to uneven coating.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Well being the look of this thing has gotten so far away from what it was originally supposed to look like, Ive decided to build a leafer for it. I took a few degrees out of the neck & shortened up the goose neck a little. I also got a chance to put some powder on a few more parts. Im debating on maybe making a different style of split tanks too.
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg (51.49 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (69.66 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

got the wheel laced up & trued. Im liking the color more after it all went together. Pics really dont do the gloss any justice.
IMG_0008 (1).jpg
IMG_0008 (1).jpg (78.41 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
IMG_0009 (1).jpg
IMG_0009 (1).jpg (72.85 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
IMG_0010 (1).jpg
IMG_0010 (1).jpg (75.88 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like it
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

ooh, leafer! i do likey a nice leafer, and one would look real nice on that.

I totally dig the rear wheel, myself.

-dan
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Wow, hard at it. I really like the color on the rims. Goes well with the frame.
Leafers are very cool. I think I remember Yona building one.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Had the whole weekend this week (been working 60-70 hrs for the last month). Happy with what I was able to accomplish on the build. I put some powder on & rebuilt the caliper & master cylinder. Finished the last couple peices for the front end &
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (89.66 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg (64.76 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg (63.09 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg (61.84 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

:pray: The last (well 2 to go) of the parts were powder coated & put back on. Couple things I realized I need to do while putting parts back together & Ill get to those soon. Magnetos parts will be ordered in the next couple days (coming from England so it will take awhile). Dont know when Ill send the head out. Still debating with going single carb or run the duels. All in all, its coming along.
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg (87.33 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg (82.81 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Man, you are literally building almost everything from scratch.
Amazing.

I noticed a combo wrench next to your frame tube in a few pics, always there, whats going on I'm thinking.
Went back and found your kickstand post, fucking awesome.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

railroad bob wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:09 pm Man, you are literally building almost everything from scratch.
Amazing.
Im trying to make as much as I can. Ive aquired a sizable scrap pile in the process...lol

Return to “Project Build-Logs”