Indian Mark's I swear it'll run someday chop

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
BigBoy
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: 33 Yr old Mrine Veteran. I ride a 2000 FXDX. From the great country of Texas. I was a member of the prevoius chopper builders Handbook forum. I also have purchased the chopper builders handbook dvd. I am looking to build a new frame or two for my Twin Cam A motor and trans.

Re: Indian Mark's I swear it'll run someday chop

Post by BigBoy »

Did you Fab your own forwards. If so i would like some info
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

BigBoy wrote:Did you Fab your own forwards. If so i would like some info
Yep, I'm a CAD/CNC guy. designed them on my tube, cut them on a Haas CNC mill. HD master cylinder. I'll post some pics this weekend.
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

Post by hose_dragger »

Mark.....get off your ass man! You are rivaling me in slow!
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Post by Indian Mark »

Yeah. It's a sad sad race.
Well, I see this thing every day again as I'm self employed again since May 1. I still have the best intentions and I'm not bored or wanting to get rid of this project. I'm hoping to have some surplus cash over the winter to make some progress on it. We'll see how that goes.
As a side note...I did ride my 2010 Road King thru 16 states this summer, including a 1050 mile day. Been wanting to do that for a while.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

My current collection. Two of them run pretty good.
Attachments
bikes.jpg
bikes.jpg (184.39 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Well after doing nothing on this for several years I finally got a bu up my ass to get 'er done. Mounted the shifter today. The throw is a bit far so I'll have to tweak that. Otherwise it's about where I want it.
Attachments
1008x.jpg
1008x.jpg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
5145x.jpg
5145x.jpg (135.08 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

it's about time, brother! i thought i was gonna have to fly out there for a couple of weeks to do a "bike build" with you, just to get you to do it. of course as slow as i am, it still probably wouldn't get done.

i even think the little lady might let me do it, LOL.
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

budoka wrote:it's about time, brother! i thought i was gonna have to fly out there for a couple of weeks to do a "bike build" with you, just to get you to do it. of course as slow as i am, it still probably wouldn't get done.

i even think the little lady might let me do it, LOL.
Haha. someday........
Gremlin
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: It's me, Gremlin, from Winnipeg. I do custom leather and chainmaille for those that want quality. I ride a 2002 Sportster. My son calls me an oversized garden gnome. I am a family man (wife and son) and currently retired.

Post by Gremlin »

Hummmmm......gotta find a way to light a fire under your butt. You cannot let this sweet machine languish in the dark. It wants to run free!
I don't make mistakes, I experiment.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”