Indian Mark's I swear it'll run someday chop

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Indian Mark's I swear it'll run someday chop

Post by Indian Mark »

I was gonna just post a pic under my "Ha" intro, but figured I may as well start a build log even if no actual building is going on.

I started building this thing sometime in the previous decade when I thought Jesse James was cool and I watched the Tuttles even if I didn't tell my friends. Now they're all asses IMHO.

Most of the parts I either machined myself, (including the wheels) or traded for something I did machine.
The frame is a PCW, as is the carbon fiber gas tank. The motor that's sitting in it is plastic, and belongs to my friend John Stewart aka Hose_Dragger. I made the springer, forward controls, etc.

A couple of my favorite parts are the seat made by Gremlin, and the old Hurst Indy shifter. It'll be a left hand jockey shift with a foot clutch.
Attachments
bike-as-is-x.jpg
bike-as-is-x.jpg (108.75 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
bike 007x.jpg
bike 007x.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
bike 009x.jpg
bike 009x.jpg (90.27 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Re: Indian Mark's I swear it'll run someday chop

Post by Indian Mark »

shelves of parts for it.
Attachments
bike 013x.jpg
bike 013x.jpg (116.13 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
bike 012x.jpg
bike 012x.jpg (98.33 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
bike 011x.jpg
bike 011x.jpg (120.61 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

great work dude :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Thanks Maz! Kinda funny, now that I'm looking at this stuff I'm really getting the bug to get this thing moving again. Wish I was a welder, I could make some progress with some brackets for the pipes, shifter, kickstand, etc.
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Indian Mark wrote:Thanks Maz! Kinda funny, now that I'm looking at this stuff I'm really getting the bug to get this thing moving again. Wish I was a welder, I could make some progress with some brackets for the pipes, shifter, kickstand, etc.
Surely with the quality machining you do, you could trade out for some welding.
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

then you had better spring me an airline ticket and borrow some welding gear and let's get the job done dude :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Haha, Thanks Maz, Jimmib.
I've got a couple good buddies that are welders, Just haven't done anything with thing in so long I tend to forget it's even there.
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

Post by hose_dragger »

Sheesh Mark....one of us will eventually have to start doing some building! I will if you will buddy...Lets go!
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I'd ditch that tank as it screws up the proportions of the bike. Hope you didn't make it and pardom my opinion if you did.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Better get on with it guys now you've got the Big Daddy watching you ....... :hand:

Maz xx

lamf
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: it's me, gary a. from michigan ... haven't logged into the handbook forum fro a while ... tried to login in under my lamf screen name ... can't get in ... ??? ... let me in dan! ... you there big jim?

Post by lamf »

ain't you done yet?! :lol:

hey, i'll trade ya tanks. :think:
息をするたびに人生を知る
Iki o suru tabi ni jinsei o shiru
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

So, I've actually been doing something for a change. I'll write more later...
Attachments
leftsidex.jpg
leftsidex.jpg (140.28 KiB) Viewed 5732 times
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

about freakin' time! i thought i was gonna have to come over there and light a fire under your heiney to get it going. you keep going and you may even have it on the road before i get my crank assembly back (i knew i shoulda done it myself...).

go man, go

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

Glad to see you back at it Mark. Hope all is well with you.......Scott
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Thanks guys!
It's great to have some progress again. I was hoping to get the shifter assembly fab done Saturday, but I have a side job to do instead. Oh well, that will help pay for the motor. I'm sure John Stewart would probably like his motor back.

So, about the tank...A few years back I was at a bike shop that I did work for, they had this tank on a bike with a very similar frame to mine. I really dug the finished look. I got the frame and tank as part of a trade deal for work. I still basically dig it, and I have no cash to spend on something else at the moment. If I decided to make my own tank it'll never get done, so I'm going with this one for now.

Return to “Project Build-Logs”