Building another dam Urn

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Building another dam Urn

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Little brother is loosing his battle with cancer and his wife wants a urn kind of like the one I did for my youngest son only with a Iron Head & cylinder or Shovel Head & cylinder. He rode both a lot.
So I'm asking for anyone that has cosmetically nice or easily repairable (preferably not useable) Iron head cylinder head and related parts or Shovel to give me a holler. Since Stock hardly carbs are not that attractive maybe a broken S&S carb or ???. lifter blocks for sure. The cylinder in Pat's urn was a machine shop oops and the sleeve was too crooked to use, but once re-plated looks fine.
Any suggestion's welcomed Right now I'm thinking of the same five pointed star base out of gunstock quality American Walnut.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Building another dam Urn

Post by Jeff L »

Be a nice place to rest in peace for sure.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Gary at Iron Head Cycle is sending a cylinder and a head. I'm still looking for a rocker box, two pushrod covers, Lifter guides, intake manifold and a junk S&S carb any version.
Dusty
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Got the cylinder n head looks great! Don't think I gonna have to weld any this time!
Dusty
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Jeff L wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:32 pm Be a nice place to rest in peace for sure.
Totally agree.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Project Build-Logs”