Trying to identify mag wheel brand

The Swap Meet USA
neale
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I have had an interest in choppers from the '70's when I was in high school, reading custom chopper mag etc, I have never had or built a chopper to date, I'm trying to learn, I am acquiring equipment (tube bender, oxy torch etc) and am trying to get started building up the skills and information I need to get started on building a chopper.
My current bike is a Yamaha XV1000, I would class it as a mild custom rather than a chopper, a lot of the useless (to me) bits have been removed and I am trying to modify and chop a few more things off to get it to a longer, lower, leaner machine with better performance (custom shortened rear shocks, refabricate forward controls and drag bars, try and get raked cups working on it etc), but IMHO it doesn't have the right type of frame to build a "proper" chopper on, so I am looking for a more suitable donor bike for the project.

Trying to identify mag wheel brand

Post by neale » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 am

I was trying to get this front mag that was on eBay for my project, but after ignoring me for over 5 days, the seller told me "I just sold it over the phone a few minutes ago", when I tried contacting them the 2nd/3rd time to get the info to buy it, so I missed out.

I tried to find out who makes the wheels, so I could try and find them somewhere else, but they just fobbed me off saying that they didn't know, they were made in China ( even though they were selling it as band-new, in original packaging).

Does anyone know what the brand of this wheel would be, so I can try and track one down somewhere else to get some? If so it'd be really appreciated, the style really suits what I'm trying to build, so I'd love to be able to get the wheels so I can build to suit.

Thanks,

Neale

Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: Trying to identify mag wheel brand

Post by Maxthegardener » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

neale
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I have had an interest in choppers from the '70's when I was in high school, reading custom chopper mag etc, I have never had or built a chopper to date, I'm trying to learn, I am acquiring equipment (tube bender, oxy torch etc) and am trying to get started building up the skills and information I need to get started on building a chopper.
My current bike is a Yamaha XV1000, I would class it as a mild custom rather than a chopper, a lot of the useless (to me) bits have been removed and I am trying to modify and chop a few more things off to get it to a longer, lower, leaner machine with better performance (custom shortened rear shocks, refabricate forward controls and drag bars, try and get raked cups working on it etc), but IMHO it doesn't have the right type of frame to build a "proper" chopper on, so I am looking for a more suitable donor bike for the project.

Re: Trying to identify mag wheel brand

Post by neale » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 am

That looks about it.

Thanks a lot Max.

Neale

Return to “Buy-Sell-Trade-USA”