The Process has begun

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

The Process has begun

Post by Jeff L »

Step 1 complete.Had to do a Title search for NJ.That came up empty (it's been out of the System to long).
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: The Process has begun

Post by Jeff L »

Step 2...Now to do a Title search in Pa. Del. Md. Ny. Con.Sent the Form to Pa. Waiting to get that back & onto the next State.Pretty sure all States will show nothing.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

I'm a bit out of the loop. More details.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

I bought my Bike as a Basket with no Title.Just taking you all on the loong Journey that NJ makes us go through to get a Title for a Vechicle with an unknown Owner.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Cool, keep us posted of your progress.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Delaware came back with Nothing....not surprizing.Off to Md.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Do they make you check other states? When I do a bonded title here in New Mexico they say to check any other state that there is evidence that it was titled in. So unless I'm pretty sure it was titled somewhere in the last 10 years I just check here. Also if I have a receipt or canceled check for the basket I use it as proof of value to keep the tax cost down.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Yep...The 5 States I listed earlier NJ wants Title ran through.Which is really rediculous, cause It seems to be out of the system in 10 Years.The Guy I got It off of said He had it sitting in His Yard for more than 15 Years.I've had It now for probably more than 10.Some other Shit too.That I'll get to when the Time comes.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Got Md. Paper work back....nothing in the System.NY & Conn.Are next,I'll send these out together.Good thing this isn't Life or Death.They take thier good ol time sending back this Info.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Seems every State DMV is as fucked up as Jerseys.All Title searches are back finally...and all came up empty.Now for the next Step...I have to send an application for Vehicle Title & wait once again to hear back from the State.

Return to “Titles and Registration”