Mental Juices

The title says it.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Mental Juices

Post by railroad bob »

Something I saw today, thought I would post as a possible inspiration, or discussion...
Honda GL Chopper (Goldwing)
bryan_goldwing_chopper4.jpg
bryan_goldwing_chopper4.jpg (105.03 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Mental Juices

Post by railroad bob »

And a bobber style...
Personally, I would hang the light down from the bracket instead of sticking it up in the air.
GL Bobber.jpg
GL Bobber.jpg (89.93 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
Last edited by railroad bob on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

One with a blower...
LarsBlowerGL.jpg
LarsBlowerGL.jpg (129.15 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Another shot with different tires and no huge name on the tank...
naked_honda_gold_wing.jpg
naked_honda_gold_wing.jpg (160.25 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

always fancied one of them in a 7 type kit car, especially the american import
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i like the first one remindes me of the 70s bet its way fast
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

1st one is cool.Wish something could be done to minimize the radiator though.The last is what I plan to do with a KZ1000 I have.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Yeah, the radiator is pretty bulky, looks outta place on that chopper.
Looked fine on the bobber tho, maybe they switched to different one?
An engine in the breeze, no fairings around it, might not need such a large rad, maybe sub a smaller one.
Maybe from a 4wheeler or sno mo...
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Nice, I think those are Valkyries?
Opposed 6 cyl, shaft drive...
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

They sound incredible with a custom exhaust.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

railroad bob wrote:Yeah, the radiator is pretty bulky, looks outta place on that chopper.
Looked fine on the bobber tho, maybe they switched to different one?
An engine in the breeze, no fairings around it, might not need such a large rad, maybe sub a smaller one.
Maybe from a 4wheeler or sno mo...
Have one made to fit the shape of the down tubes and out of the bigger oval tube they use in race cars ....with a custom filler at the top and a cap from BE Cool. Use a little shaped alunimum on the sides and bottom and it would look good !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “Metric Customs”