Beautiful Triumph

The title says it.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Beautiful Triumph

Post by railroad bob »

1960 Triumph Tiger Cub.jpg
1960 Triumph Tiger Cub.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 12447 times
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Beautiful Triumph

Post by Jeff L »

Thats some wild paint.Not to crazy about using the swing arm as part of the hard tail, but would love to have that in my garage.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

Reminds me of the old days
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Jeff L wrote:Thats some wild paint.Not to crazy about using the swing arm as part of the hard tail, but would love to have that in my garage.
I think it's a bolt-on hardtail section.
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

curt wrote:Reminds me of the old days
Yep, there are several types of custom paint on here that were popular in the 60s-70s.
Endless line, lace, panels, shading, others...
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Iam reaching for the sand blaster :shock: .....................snot right! clever paint though!
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

sick bike but not metric
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

triker_chewie wrote:sick bike but not metric
Only 2 options, and it definitely is not North American.
TANSTAAFL
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

I see,might pay to ask Dan for a WW section
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

isnt england on the metric system (technicaly)
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
dpreacher
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: First ride: 1968. First chopper magazines: July 1971. First chopper: Honda 550 Four in an AMEN rigid frame, 1979. Now I'm 61 and there's 5 Harleys in my garage. Real bikers build what they ride. If you don't wrench your ride you're not a biker, just an enthusiast.

Post by dpreacher »

As this bike was built originally in 1960, it came with a swingarm, which the builder has utilized creating a STRUTTED swingarm. All the hardtail sections connect to the frame down where the exhaust passes under and past the back of the frame. And, I can see that he used the stock swingarm. Knowledge from an old chopper builder. Triumphs were very popular back in the day. Remember; if you don't wrench your ride, you're not a biker - just an enthusiast.

Return to “Metric Customs”