Frame Jig Plans

Let's use this as an archive for whatever plans you have, or links to plans elsewhere. Before posting plans here, make sure you have permission to do so.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Frame Jig Plans

Post by gww25 »

Here's the new link to the frame welding jig plans:
http://chopperhandbook.com/jigs2.htm
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: Frame Jig Plans

Post by Maxthegardener »

Much Appreciated....
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Thank you.
neale
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I have had an interest in choppers from the '70's when I was in high school, reading custom chopper mag etc, I have never had or built a chopper to date, I'm trying to learn, I am acquiring equipment (tube bender, oxy torch etc) and am trying to get started building up the skills and information I need to get started on building a chopper.
My current bike is a Yamaha XV1000, I would class it as a mild custom rather than a chopper, a lot of the useless (to me) bits have been removed and I am trying to modify and chop a few more things off to get it to a longer, lower, leaner machine with better performance (custom shortened rear shocks, refabricate forward controls and drag bars, try and get raked cups working on it etc), but IMHO it doesn't have the right type of frame to build a "proper" chopper on, so I am looking for a more suitable donor bike for the project.

Post by neale »

Thanks Gary
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Thanks Gary. Appreciate it. Have added them to my Chopper Builders CD folder.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Kiwicaveman
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a mechanical engineer working in the oil and gas industry based in a gas treatment plant in south Taranaki new Zealand.
I live in New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
I have been riding bikes for over 40 years

Post by Kiwicaveman »

Thanks Gary
"This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose?"
Switchfoot
Brewdawg
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a machinist /welder that loves to build stuff
got my vw chopper trike done and want to do a 2 wheeler next
got a Harley motor in pieces and
this site looks like a good source for inspiration and info....
maybe even a place to make a pal or two.....

Post by Brewdawg »

I too say thanks.....
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Post by Fossil »

Here's the new download link for the jig plans:
https://chopperbuildershandbook.com/framejig1.html

Return to “Downloadable plans Area”