"A few drawings" If interested

Let's use this as an archive for whatever plans you have, or links to plans elsewhere. Before posting plans here, make sure you have permission to do so.
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

"A few drawings" If interested

Post by jimmib »

I have quite a few drawings that I have done over the years and will post them as I have time and energy.
Anyone is welcome to these files and do what you wish with them. Just don't try and flog them on Egay!

This first PDF may help some that don"t understand trail and raked trees. The drawing on left shows stock trees and the one on right shows 3 degree raked trees. The main thing to look at is the reduction of trail with raked trees. The height and fork length dims are ficticious.
RAKE AND TRAIL.pdf
(25.09 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
This PDF is a drawing of a steering neck that you don't use cups with.
NECKNOCUPS.pdf
(22.62 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
This next 2 PDF's are for you people that really want to say they did something. If you have the right equipment maybe so, but others should just buy one from JD2. They work with the JD2 model 3 bender. These were drawn up for for steel, but use your imagination :think:
1.25x4.5R DIE.pdf
(48.82 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times
1.25x4.5R follow bar.pdf
(16.95 KiB) Downloaded 798 times
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: "A few drawings" If interested

Post by curt »

:text-goodpost: ill definatly useing some of those
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Kiwicaveman
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a mechanical engineer working in the oil and gas industry based in a gas treatment plant in south Taranaki new Zealand.
I live in New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
I have been riding bikes for over 40 years

Post by Kiwicaveman »

Thanks for the info
"This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose?"
Switchfoot
Theyr Iceland
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi
im a marine engineer from iceland , im building 7 choppers from CBH softail plans.
For me and members of my club www.theyr.is , Im 42y and have been in bikes since 1989 and used to work as foreman at Kawasaki iceland workshop.
Been reading alot and following discussions on old forum .
i am a member there and although im not an active poster would like to
continue reading and learning.
Regards Gunnar Olafsson

Post by Theyr Iceland »

Thank you
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Nice post, thanks for making them available
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Here is another that I thought might interest someone. Oil Tank Plumbing.
BTW, most of my drawings have my company logo on them. I am not doing this for advertising. I haven't done any of this shit for several years and don't plan to (except for myself). Just trying to pass on a little info here and there.
So this is not spam!
Jim
OILTANK PLUMBING.pdf
(181.48 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Many thanks Jim..
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

And thanks from me too; I am grateful for the effort you make. Thank you.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Stuff I picked up over the years at CBH...
air planishing hammer.pdf
(56.53 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
Pedal for Hammer.pdf
(188.43 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
circle_cutting.jpg
circle_cutting.jpg (72.54 KiB) Viewed 7176 times
pinvise1.jpg
pinvise1.jpg (186.93 KiB) Viewed 7176 times
tube clamp plans.jpg
tube clamp plans.jpg (17.1 KiB) Viewed 7176 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “Downloadable plans Area”