Some tools

concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Some tools

Post by concrete guy »

Here are some wheels I turned down for my truing stand to balance my flywheels, ABEC 3 bearings.

I made two sets of shafts to mount the flywheels on. One for sprocket shaft taper and the other for the pinion taper.

Truing stand

This tool mounts inside the left case in the timken bearings. It has a short piece of DOM tube in it just for the picture. The actual one I use is 20" long and goes through a precision pilot in the pinion race. I used this to dial in on the mainshafts centerline so I could deck my cases.

concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Re: Some tools

Post by concrete guy »

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Tool to pull the timken races out of the left case.

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Tool for holding my rods for weighing the top half and bottom half.

I used skateboard wheel bearings for the bushings that ride in the rod ends.

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Tool to pull the oil pump shaft bushing out of the case.

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

The beginning of a cam bearing puller

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Scott, thats very cool man...
Apparently you don't watch much TV in the cold dark winter, LOL
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

[quote="railroad bob"]Scott, thats very cool man...
Apparently you don't watch much TV in the cold dark winter, LOL[/quote

LOL! It seems I still get plenty of TV time Bob!

Thanks
saex
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've been building choppers and trikes for around 15yrs now the chopper builders site is like a bible to me, i spend what free time i can get hunting around for parts to add to my collection. I'am a big fan of old school choppers i build mine loud and low with 20" high bars and high sissy bars.

Post by saex »

Great pictures Scott i've got my motor to do so will have to build a truing rig and some tooling.

Return to “Harley Engines and Tuning”