Indian Mark's 1911 build

Use this area to post up any builds that aren’t bike related, but still probably interesting to the forum members. Use your own judgement on that.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Re: Indian Mark's 1911 build

Post by Indian Mark »

Dusty-Dave wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:28 am Any progress?
Dusty
Sadly no. Work was really slow this spring and I had time to finish up the slide, but I didn't have it. Was planning to have someone else do a tricky undercut area with a machine I don't have. Didn't exactly work out. By the time I got the slide back, unfinished, I was slammed with work and have been ever since. I am planning on finishing this thing just not sure when. It is surprising how many people ask me about it. Was at a Christmas party the other day and a guy was asking about it.

I also have another project that has been sucking up all my free time. My wife and I bought a 47 GMC pickup. (It's really hers!) I'm putting a small block with a 5 speed manual in it. Planning on having it driving for a Michigan show called "Sins of Steel" by June 1st. It's a pretty aggressive build time considering the truck won't fit in my heated shop and I've got a million other things on my plate. I did steal the shifter from my chopper, which brings me to the other elephant in the chopper builders room. Haven touched my unfinished chopper in years except to steal the shifter for the truck....Oh well...

I know it's tacky to post a build log thread from another forum. I'm not above tacky, so here's the thread for the build of my 47:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ub ... -a-47.html
Attachments
5324y.jpg
5324y.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 12022 times
3902y.jpg
3902y.jpg (135.46 KiB) Viewed 12022 times
1226y.jpg
1226y.jpg (154.14 KiB) Viewed 12022 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Looks like a mint condition project. There's many of this vintage available , in Canada too.

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/ is a forum I've been watching for years. Plenty GMC/Chev's been done there.

Keep us up to date?
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

likey likey. how tacky of you though ;P

whassup buddy? how's life treatin' ya?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Post by Indian Mark »

hansgoudzwaard wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 am
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/
Thanks for that site! Very cool.

Hey Dan, Was gonna get a hold of you to see if it was your year to head back to the good ole USA, but figured I'm so busy I couldn't get away to meet up with you for lunch anyway.
Gremlin
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: It's me, Gremlin, from Winnipeg. I do custom leather and chainmaille for those that want quality. I ride a 2002 Sportster. My son calls me an oversized garden gnome. I am a family man (wife and son) and currently retired.

Post by Gremlin »

Wow Mark. Is there anything you can’t do? I’m in awe here.
I don't make mistakes, I experiment.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Any progress on the 1911?
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Dusty-Dave wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:21 am Any progress on the 1911?
Dusty
Well...Does thinking about it count? If so then yes. I've been thinking about it lately. My brother was just asking me about it. I still have good intentions.

I did get this thing on the road. Fun project and a ton of work.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

47 GMC
Attachments
53106yy.jpg
53106yy.jpg (182.49 KiB) Viewed 9474 times
drivermark
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have always liked choppers since I was a kid, never thought I had skills enough untill I found the "Handbook" sight just recently. Reading the info posted on the "Hand book" sight made me think maybe I can.
I have a little experience fabricating things.
Hoping the yahoo e-mail account doesn't disqualify me from being a member here.

Post by drivermark »

Nice truck, very nice.
I know the voices aren't real, but they do have some good ideas
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Yep, my voices have interesting ideas but they won't help!
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

finished product looks sweet! does the wife let you drive it every now and then, LOL?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Gremlin
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: It's me, Gremlin, from Winnipeg. I do custom leather and chainmaille for those that want quality. I ride a 2002 Sportster. My son calls me an oversized garden gnome. I am a family man (wife and son) and currently retired.

Post by Gremlin »

Sweet! Looks like my grandfathers old truck. We had some really good times as kids in the back of it.
I don't make mistakes, I experiment.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Dusty-Dave wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:32 pm Yep, my voices have interesting ideas but they won't help!
Dusty
Yeah, not physically, but sometimes they tell me stuff in my dreams that is fantastic. When I wake up I've forgotten it.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Non-bike related builds”