EUROPEAN IDEA OF AMERICAN STYLE BREAKFAST

Post Long-worded personal life observations here.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

EUROPEAN IDEA OF AMERICAN STYLE BREAKFAST

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

RRBob's
RRBob's
GUNBACON.JPG (42.06 KiB) Viewed 17167 times

I really chuckled when I saw this on Twitter. I view the travel blogs, and this came up.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Re: EUROPEAN IDEA OF AMERICAN STYLE BREAKFAST

Post by gearhead1951 »

That might be true in Texas or one of the other south western states , but in my old home in Tennessee we had oatmeal (porridge) bisquits(scones) with jam and butter ! and to my recollection , no firearms !
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

Less bacon MORE STEAK!!
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

lol...its enough for you to know Hans, your food is legendary..Diners Drive ins and Dives great show..love ma food!
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

That Pic looks just about right Hans...We are cutting back on Bacon these Days...I swear I could eat the whole Plate.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I just have a vision of pale rider, the final bar room scene... :D
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I think ya'll been watchin' to dang many old westerns !!
:D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Maxthegardener wrote:lol...its enough for you to know Hans, your food is legendary..Diners Drive ins and Dives great show..love ma food!
Yeah , my wife still watches that. "Guy" is turning into a porker.
Jeff L wrote:That Pic looks just about right Hans...We are cutting back on Bacon these Days...I swear I could eat the whole Plate.
My son, is a fussy eater, Nooooo..... nothing that will clog the arteries. However , drop a plate of bacon this size in front of him, and he chugs it all down.
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

More eggs less toast. Gotta watch the carbs. :lol:
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Looks like a perfect American breakfast to me.
Maxthegardener
Builder

Post by Maxthegardener »

should be the only food served on airplanes.... ;)
2Loose
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Maui boy, farm systems mechanical engineer, sugar cane and pineapple, retired, chopped a '62 FL in '68, still have it, have five HD projects in the shop right now, three are panheads. Try to work on them every day, but often looking for or waiting for parts. Nothing stock going on here, all hot rod street oriental, and mostly old style.

Post by 2Loose »

The Hawaiian version of this breakfast is called a "Loco Moco", and is a large bowl of white rice, a huge hamburger patty well cooked, and a couple of fried eggs, usually sunny side up, but some prefer over easy, and covered with gooey brown gravey....
A couple cups of steamy hot coffee and it gets ya going at 5:30 am for a hard day at the plantation....
(Most of us spent our lives working in sugar cane or pineapple, those days are gone, nowadays our kids and grandkids work in tourism at the hotels, restaurants and bars, I much prefer the old days....)

Aloha....
2Loose Willy
The faster I go, the behinder I get....
I never look over my shoulder, I know what's back there, and it scares the hell outta me !!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Looks like a breakfast I would enjoy.

I did a Google search and this dish is huge.

It's on the menu at the California hotel in Las Vegas.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Return to “Rants, Raves, Vents, Editorials and Philosophy”