Sad News

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Sad News

Post by BIGJIM »

Sad news for all my Motorcycle Brothers and Sisters.

Received some sad news about Jaxon Davies from a friend of his, Lets keep Jaxon in our prayers.

He had an aneurysm rupture in his brain Sunday night. 6 hours of surgery yesterday. The surgery went as well as possible. He will be in ICU for 12 days, has a breathing tube in, and in med. Induced coma. He is expected to make a full recovery if there are no complications. Just thought you might want to know.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: Sad News

Post by gww25 »

I'm rooting for him. Sounds like the Docs are optimistic so that's a good sign.
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Well, lets hope he comes out alright. I've known a few guys that have survived this with few ill effects. Though one guy became a politician afterward.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

He seems to have many friends in the online community.

Hope for a speedy recovery.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

Jim,
Do you know the address or phone number of the hospital he's in?
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Thankyou for letting us know Jim......
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

damn. been away for awhile and the first thing i saw when i came back was this. any update on his condition?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Sorry to hear this. Hope he has a speedy and complete recovery. Jaxon has always been a stand up dude in my book.
Sporties Rule
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

He is still in ICU. He showing symptoms of vasospasims and is being monitored. He isn't allowed any visitors. However he has been awake, talked and joked and pinched a nurse on the butt! All the tubes are out and he is eating some. I am getting my info from his sister. He still had a long road to travel to a full recovery.
BIGJIM
Stalker

Post by BIGJIM »

Updates are here, his sis has setup a fund. :pray:

Here it is... http://www.gofundme.com/help4jaxon
Last edited by BIGJIM on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

I don't know him but I pray for your friend :pray:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

jim let him know that me and my family are rooting for him.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

what are the details of the fund? Paypal? I'd like to help.
BIGJIM wrote:Updates are here, his sis has setup a fund. :pray:
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
BIGJIM
Stalker

Post by BIGJIM »

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Update......

Jaxon is out of the hospital and home again. He has started posting on Spacebook again, and seems to returned to (well I won't say normal, are any of us?) his old self.
I think he is working in the shop again also.

Very fortunate in some ways, although I think he has some debt built up due to this.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”