Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by railroad bob »

gearhead1951 wrote: That "Rattle and Hum" bike in BSH has custom made nuts all over it , they are engaged by a equally custom socket to engage the holes drilled around the circumferance of the nuts !
This sounds like it functions similar to a shock adjuster wrench. Maybe?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Well , the shock adjuster nut idea has merit but the system I am referin' to consists of a ring of hard steel pins that extend out at a right angle to the nut and socket (parallel to the threaded shaft you are intending to set the nut to) !

The pins are a very tight fit into the holes in the socket (shrink fit is good) but a good snug slip fit into the holes in the nut and the interface between the nut and socket must be tight (the pins are in shear when you apply torque and the less space between the socket and nut where the pins are the better)

I could be wrong but I think that "Rattle and Hum" bike has more than a few of those type of nuts ! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, been a while hope things are going well for you on your builds. :D :popcorn:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Hi Guys :dance:

I've been a bit busy with the day job as well as rushing around trying to get some worthwhile stuff together for the new magazine...... :hand: I have done some work on my project and also been doing a lot of fabrication and machining for some local guys - I should be making some more progress this week and then I'll post some :banana-gotpics:

I've been meeting up with a lot of local bike builders, some from this forum and some from another Brit one....even got to meet up with some Back Patch Club guys and was invited to their clubhouse and workshops :obscene-drinkingcheers: hopefully will be meeting up with another of the forum members this week for a cuppa and a chat :shhh:

That's all for now folks - catch you guys later :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Rear of frame now all tacked up, just need to do a bit of shaping and welding....no pics just yet cos I want to keep you all guessing :hand: :shhh: :snooty:

Had a visit from one of the board members late last night - it was very late but seeing as he had travelled a very long way to see me, I forgave him... :think: ...and anyway, he brought chocolates :dance: :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Also finished another trick machining job for one of my Brit customers tonight.... :dance:

I suppose its about time I fabricated the new front end for this project......I think it will just have to be another of my Diamond Girders..... :think: 12 inch overstock sounds about right..... :hand:

Maz xx

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

hmmmm....I was hoping for pics...its been a lttle while......you didnt throw him in a cage did you?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Jeff L wrote:hmmmm....I was hoping for pics...its been a lttle while......you didnt throw him in a cage did you?
No I let him escape...............eventually :naughty:

I'll post some more pics soon, just been very busy and also wanted to make some progress worth photographing....... :think:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

As you know I've been busy doing work for everyone else, but tonight I managed a couple of hours out in the shed working on the FZ project... :shifty:

I managed to get the rear frame section bent and tacked in place so I could trial fit the new rear fender.....
mazfz750 050.jpg
mazfz750 050.jpg (190.32 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
mazfz750 051.jpg
mazfz750 051.jpg (149.07 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
mazfz750 052.jpg
mazfz750 052.jpg (88.04 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
mazfz750 054.jpg
mazfz750 054.jpg (113.53 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
So tomorrow I can mock-up the seat base and then work out the fender mounts etc...... :banana-dance:

Maz

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Wow Maz, looking great as usuall. :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :popcorn:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thats some nice work there
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Ya know I dont know how many times Ive looked At that tire.without a dish in the rim I really forgot that it was that wide.Looks good with the fender.I also really like the last pic, frame has real nice lines.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Always impressed with the speed you work at. What's that rear wheel from?
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:thats some nice work there
Thanks Dude, just enjoying my project....... :dance:
Jeff L wrote:Ya know I dont know how many times Ive looked At that tire.without a dish in the rim I really forgot that it was that wide.Looks good with the fender.I also really like the last pic, frame has real nice lines.
Thanks Dude, I wanted the frame to have real feminine curves and you are right about that tyre/wheel combination..... :banana-dance:
Russ wrote:Always impressed with the speed you work at. What's that rear wheel from?
Thanks Dude, the rearwheel is an after market sports wheel for a Honda Civic that I found on evilbay...... :shhh:
jonester123 wrote:Wow Maz, looking great as usuall. :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :popcorn:
Thanks Thomas, as I've been busy making stuff for other folks, I thought I'd better get something done on mine :hand: :snooty: :doh:

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

As you know , I am a big proponent of "repurposing" parts for bikes !

I thought you might find this idea usefull , take a small trail bike slider and create a copy in steel to weld into a frame as the seat post and use the originally stationary fork leg as the seat mount !

Similar to HD "pogo stick" but with hydraulic damping and a one piece spring !!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Well as Maz would know....I not really in the mood..

But I cannot tell a lie
last week, she had my bits in her hand.... and my smutty hands were all over her rear end :shock:

Thankyou Maz....was a late night pleasure...maybe next time a wee bit more milk eh :-?

Return to “Project Build-Logs”